HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I missing anything in this list? Applying to All MP5 type weapons. HK91, HK53, SP89, MP5 all calibers.

Ejector, Extractor, Extractor spring, Firing pin, Firing pin spring, Hammer spring, Recoil rod spring....

Is there any listed gun that wears a part out quicker than another? Example: a HK91 wears out the firing pin quicker than a MP5 9mm....

Thanks for tolerating my ignorance.. :p

·
Registered
670 Posts
Pretty much spares for any spring would be a good idea. Also a roller retaining plate or spring depending on your preference. Seen them brake before.

I also keep different sized rollers around just in case the gap changes over time but I am shooting full auto mostly so a semi only application may not be as necessary.

I also had to replace a locking lever spring in my G3 carrier as it was worn out from use.

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
Thanks for that info. I didn't think about a locking lever spring. Any more input peeps?
Thanks..
I've seen some kits for them some places. Just check out RobertRTG - the shipping may be as much as the parts. I keep the extractor spring, hammer spring, roller retainer, firing pin, and firing pin spring.

I don't bother to keep rollers, as they wear fairly gradually and if you check them when you clean it, you can see when they're getting worn out. The cocking lever spring will last much longer since it's not cycled every time it's fired like the others are. But if you're ordering other parts, might as well get that one and the rollers as well, no sense paying for shipping for two separate orders.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts