HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a line on an early Mark 23, black with softcase and acessories (2 mags)...It is about 5 years old I think and is in VGC with about 500 rounds through it.

Any help appreicated.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have a line on an early Mark 23, black with softcase and acessories (2 mags)...It is about 5 years old I think and is in VGC with about 500 rounds through it.

Any help appreicated.
...just bought a MK23 at auction with a fake can, 2 hicap mags and 4 10 rd mags for $1675. I was in very good condition with few rounds through it (I'd guess about 200).

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
NIB SOCOMs are listing for $1700 right now for the new HE finished pistols. Late last year I bought a NIB AB SOCOM for $2K and overpaid for it, but it was one I wanted bad enough to pay a couple hundred dollars more than it was really worth.
For a used SOCOM in like new condition I would not think it should bring more than about $1500 and then only if you really want the pistol with the older (and better looking IMO, but not any better) Maritime finish. If you don't care about the finish type, why pay $1500 for a used pistol when $1700 can get you a new one. In that case I would not offer more than about $1400 and see where it goes from there.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I can pick it up for around $1300...not sure what finish is on it, but I suspect it is the older finish..guy said it sits in his safe..I'm really not into them, but was looking to flip it if the price is inline...maybe hang on to it depending on my feelings at the time..

Are certain years worth more money..what is the first year for them?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NIB SOCOMs are listing for $1700 right now for the new HE finished pistols. Late last year I bought a NIB AB SOCOM for $2K and overpaid for it, but it was one I wanted bad enough to pay a couple hundred dollars more than it was really worth.
For a used SOCOM in like new condition I would not think it should bring more than about $1500 and then only if you really want the pistol with the older (and better looking IMO, but not any better) Maritime finish. If you don't care about the finish type, why pay $1500 for a used pistol when $1700 can get you a new one. In that case I would not offer more than about $1400 and see where it goes from there.

I was told that all black pistols weren't being imported at the moment..the list price is well over 2k on MK23's anyway...Are you saying that black on black Mark 23 pistols can be bought NIB for $1700??

·
Registered
238 Posts
I was told that all black pistols weren't being imported at the moment..the list price is well over 2k on MK23's anyway...Are you saying that black on black Mark 23 pistols can be bought NIB for $1700??
There is supposed to be a limited run of new Mark 23s for $1700.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'd be surprised if that were the case being they list for $2,412 on their website. I believe the brown frames go for $1700 right now on CDNN.
Right. Everyone and there brother is trying to unload the brown frames, but it seems to be a sellers market for the black on black models.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Right. Everyone and there brother is trying to unload the brown frames, but it seems to be a sellers market for the black on black models.
Call CDNN or Bachman Pawn & Gun and ask them. I'm on the list, $1699 for the new Black Mark 23 when it comes in...NO SOCOM case.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Drankin:

I know this thread is old, but what the heck.

I don't know of anyone referring to the cases for the Mark 23 as a "SOCOM" case. As you may know, the original lots of Mark 23s came with the soft camo case (late 90s through about 2004). Then the black or tan soft cases from about late 2004 through early 2006. Then the hard case only from late 2006 on.

I just missed the cutoff for my Mark 23. Mine came with the hard case. But I'm working on getting either a black or tan original Eagle soft case. Wish me luck. It may be getting to be just as tough finding a Wilcox LAM for this let alone an original case.

Peace.

Joe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts