HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys new to the forum and I have a question for anyone here.
My background is mostly hunting and I got into AK's not long ago and thats where my intrests are
now, but I was talking with a guy I work with and it turns out he is looking to get rid of a rifle he bought
In 1989 when he lived in CA. It turns out to be a NIB H&K 911.
He is looking to trade for a bolt action rifle I have for sale. I know nothing about H&K rifles! I know about
What a 911 is but I can find nothing on value or trade value.

I have about $1300 in this bolt rifle. I have no interest in a semi-.308 and could not be used for hunting
where I live, so I thought about maybe selling or trading for something I do want. Google has turned
up little on any of this and any prices seem to be 3yrs. old or older.
I have not looked at this rifle yet as we both work out-of-town, what I know is its a H&K 911 NIB, unfired
with all paperwork and mags. He said he might still have recipt as well and purchased in CA.

Any Ideas?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
8,385 Posts
Interesting case where the original ban rifle is worth more, being NIB, to collectors than one that was covered back before the dead line and/or 922r compliant with US parts.
Just my guess, but a 911 converted to 91-like features before 11/1990 essentially becomes a 91, but often thought less of than a 91. 91s are currently plentiful on the market and don't seem to bring too much more than $2k unless it is in really nice shape. Much like SR9s seem to currently bring about $200 more than 91s at the moment. All this could change in a month, or a year, who knows. The thing about his 911, it's NIB. My guess of $2,600 +/- $300 is actually slightly lower than what I would guess for a NIB 91. Start screwing with a 911, and it's no longer NIB.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for the good info. One additional question...where would be the best place to sell or trade this rifle?
I can't sell it here, not enough post. Gunbroker or stick to forums?

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Thanks guys for the good info. One additional question...where would be the best place to sell or trade this rifle?
I can't sell it here, not enough post. Gunbroker or stick to forums?
Become more active here, build up the post count over the next several months, get interested in HKs, purchase another HK and then start saving for a full auto sear ... LOL!

·
Registered
8,385 Posts
If you don't have a history on Gunbroker, then either way, there's a certain amount of trust that helps to selling a big ticket item. Become a Premium member here and post it for sale right away. I highly recomment LOTS of pics, the gun, box, manual.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ahhh yes I have lusted after a FA mp5 integraly suppresed. Go ahead flame me if thats not the right model designation lol.
H&K 21 would be very sweet as well.
The only German I have at the moment is my Steyr m9a1 but a usp45 is on my aquire list!

Suds isn't all H&K's high ticket items? Lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
You didn't mention it, but if the deal is a straight trade then it is a great bargain.
You're coming into this with new eyes, try shooting it and might find you like it

Hi guys new to the forum and I have a question for anyone here.
My background is mostly hunting and I got into AK's not long ago and thats where my intrests are
now, but I was talking with a guy I work with and it turns out he is looking to get rid of a rifle he bought
In 1989 when he lived in CA. It turns out to be a NIB H&K 911.
He is looking to trade for a bolt action rifle I have for sale. I know nothing about H&K rifles! I know about
What a 911 is but I can find nothing on value or trade value.

I have about $1300 in this bolt rifle. I have no interest in a semi-.308 and could not be used for hunting
where I live, so I thought about maybe selling or trading for something I do want. Google has turned
up little on any of this and any prices seem to be 3yrs. old or older.
I have not looked at this rifle yet as we both work out-of-town, what I know is its a H&K 911 NIB, unfired
with all paperwork and mags. He said he might still have recipt as well and purchased in CA.

Any Ideas?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
8,385 Posts
Suds isn't all H&K's high ticket items? Lol
Wait until you start collecting the accessories, you will truely understand the meaning of copious spending. We are a little over three hours away, perhaps when my funds recover, we might be able to work something out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Hk4u I have never met a gun I didn't like! Lol
The problem is the cost of the ammo, at almost a dollar a round I can't shoot as much
as I like. Any wepon is usless if you can't pratice with it, and I don't have time to reload with me traviling
for work.
I think thats why I stick with 7.62x39 /9mm.

Suds let me know what you had in mind.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts