HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used an AAC M4-2000 on a 10" 416 upper? My concern is the depth of the AAC FH is too deep to fully engage the threads on the 10" 416. I have had no experince with any suppressed piston driven AR. Any input would be helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I know that I have a G5 from gemtech with their bi-lock. With the HK 416, gemtech advised that they needed to install a modified bi-lock on the upper to make it longer so it would work with the G5. You might want to contact AAC to see if they have a solution.

·
HKPRO PRIME MINISTER
1,291 Posts
416 system with Suppressor UNIT...

You may contact ACC customer support and ask if they have the adapter ext connection...

Also the new Surefire Sound Units may fit the 416 - 10.5" upper unit with no mods with their F.H. locking unit...

I use the HALO unit on my 416 - 14.5" upper unit...

The HALO may work on the 416 - 10.5" upper unit if the locking collar has enough room to wrap around the rear F.H. unit... Standard NATO F.H.

Also T.R.O.S. may assist you with an adapter extension for your needs... Ask Mike...

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
I've got no experience with the AAC M4-2000.

Once I get my hands on my 14.5" and 10.5" 416's, I'll be installing YHM QD mounts. I've got a 7.62 QD Phantom and it works just fine with this very same YHM flashider on my V53 SBR.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I contacted AAC and they have redesigned the socket of the FH to accomodate the 10.5" upper. The tech rep said the 10.5 is a bear to shoot because of the concussion even with the suppressor installed. He recommended a 14.5" and called it "a pleasure to shoot" also less blow back because of the extra 4" and the design of the HK upper. He said that "everytime I take it apart I'm more impressed with the machining." Now where can I get a 14.5" upper?!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts