Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I am thinking about buying a particular HK91, and trying to see if it is a good deal as it is configured a bit odd. Any thoughts on what its worth? Please do not post an offer to sell one to me, this is purely a question about this exact gun:

HK91 in 90-95% condition Date code IB Serial #A0526XX
Date coded forearm 2 IB, with HK? light all metal bipod (no markings on bipod)
Date coded 1 IA HK Club Foot Stock <--- What are the three holes for in this stock?
7.62 marked Fabain Bros Stabilizer pinned on to barrel with set screw , minor damage to threads at set point but nothing that would create an issue (no factory flash hider)
and the following wood grip: (is it US or original PSG?) for the pros this may be a dumb question.

thanks for any help you can offer!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody? Tomorrow is my last day on TDY here so looking for any input.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
The three holes to hold pins are in most (all) club foot stocks, the third hole is possible (just a guess) something to do with the HK21(e) and possible mounting options.
Guessing with 90% wear the gun has been used, the stock was added (a good option in particular for use with a sear or trigger pack) and I am guessing so was the "PSG1" grip.

- Is there a heavy or button buffer in the Club foot stock (or something in between), as a heavy buffer is a good up grade which cost a couple hundred plus to purchase
- A PSG1 trigger pack and a club foot stock are interesting, but they do not go together plus does not look like a PSG1 trigger pack, which is a very big upgrade.
- 90% condition is well into the used range, thus this would be a shooter not a collector ....
- Need to check bolt gap, barrel wear bolt and carrier condition to make sure has not been a nearly used up sear host that needs a several hundred to a grand refurb ... see Rocket's threads.

Some of the guys talk about $2500 HK91s on line and I see them once a year locally for around two grand in 95% plus condition, how much the PSG1 trigger pack and Club foot stock are worth depends a lot on how much you want them (i.e. if you are going to take them off and re-sell them used to get stock parts than between the new stock parts at retail and selling used accessories at whole sale, may not make that much), do you wish a shooter or a collector and lastly since you are on TDY assume you many have another year before you will be using this much ...

If you are under two grand and the insides look good (including bolt gap with normal rollers) then go for it, if over three grand pass and at $2700 flip a cone and decide how much that amount is worth to you ....

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the helpful PMs and post. I pulled the trigger on this one, and somehow also ended up with deal on a IB HK93 and another gun. I hit my luggage limit on this trip. I will post some pics over the weekend, along with a couple of sweet HK demo guns I just got in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.