HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the recent announcement of 2 new toys that will inevitably become part of my collection, I decided I need to make sure i'm well stocked for my 91/93/94 spare parts so this isn't a drain on my accounts down the line.

I want to know what spare parts you guys have and insisnt on having on hand. Keep in mind that I have 3 different calibers and as much as I would love to have a spare trigger pack and bolt carrier group for each weapon, that is not economically feasable.

Basically what I want to know is not what do I need, but HOW MANY (extractor springs, roller retainers, etc...) of each thing do I need?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have had to change out my extractor spring once, and a hammer spring, both on my 9mm. This was after about 4000 rounds Other than that I haven't had any parts I have had to personally replace. I hear that you can use the rifle extractor springs (sliver ones instead of the copper colored ones) on the 9mm so RTG might be a good place to start if your on a budget. I also hear the roller plate in the bolt head can commonly break, I have 5 on hand and they are the same for all the 9x series, but I haven't had one fail yet.

You might pickup one trigger pack since really the only difference between all the caliburs is the ejector. That would give you a hammer spring, hammer, etc.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
In addition to what's been mentioned, I suggest that you have a spare barrel for each rifle. I'm a spare parts fanatic, though.

:D

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah.....that's not really going to be possible since I have a 21E barrel where my 91 barrel should be........I might as well pony up $500 more bucks and get another 91 instead of a replacement 21E barrel

(If this made no sense.....I will post pics of this monstrosity once I get it back from Mike.....soon.........very very soon)

I think spare lower isn't a bad idea.....it just gives me an excuse to put a different lower on my 93. And maybe take out my 94 BCG and put in an MP5F setup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts