HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Working on it.
A guy on militaryfirearm, and another on uzitalk posted how they did theirs, but thats a little too ******* for me.
Working on a jig to bend em so they are straight.
I'm going to bolt four cut up bolt carriers together, and with some shims of the proper thickness (measured with a feeler gauge on a real HK), press the bolt carrier guide channels to the proper dimension once folded with the shimmed carriers as the die, and then weld it up in the jig with these inside.
Hope to get a lot accomplished over the holidays.
We need the weldments from you!!!
That would make life easier.
Now that you asked, we have questions:
Are the sharp edges on the mounts on the receiver for the factory claw scope milled in after the receiver is completed?
Also, on a factory G3 / 91, they have a reinforcing plate on the inside of the receiver at the rear pushpins. Any input as to how that all gets welded together?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PTO,
Can't wait to see pics. The stock block I am having them made solid for ease of assembly and welding, semi shelfs are being made by the same company, there the U shaped ones, not the Hk style large shelf. I have site bases instock $19.95ea, just have not had a second to add them to the shopping cart. On the scope tabs, yes they are machined when you machine the mag catch and mag release holes to final dimensions.

[email protected]

·
Registered
893 Posts
PTO,
Can't wait to see pics. The stock block I am having them made solid for ease of assembly and welding, semi shelfs are being made by the same company, there the U shaped ones, not the Hk style large shelf. I have site bases instock $19.95ea, just have not had a second to add them to the shopping cart. On the scope tabs, yes they are machined when you machine the mag catch and mag release holes to final dimensions.

[email protected]
Todd:
Quick comment on the block idea, the POS aluminum FAC receivers had a solid rear block in them as part of the casting, and it was high enough that an HK .22 conversion kit bolt would not fit inside the receiver, as these hang down lower than a standard G3/91 bolt carrier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts