HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand New AK date code USP45 Compact Tactical. This is NOT. A barrel swap.

It is a numbers matching set Pistol, Slide, Barrel, Case. Unicorn?

I couldn’t believe it when I saw it for sale so I picked it up knowing there are some folks on here that would love to have it. The clerk opened the slide once to clear check for safety. It’s back in the box like it’s new off the shelf.

$1250 shipped to your FFL or $1200 face to face in DFW.

First “I’ll take it” gets it.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/Kkc5LSv

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
What he said... ↑. This bit about HKI import warranty was not mentioned to me at the time I purchased it. This pistol could simply be for someone who's been looking for an USP45 CT and couldn't ever find one for sale.

Moderators: please note that there was no question asked about the HK pistol that I have for sale. Instead, some arbitrary statement was made about a product in an attempt to reduce its perceived value. This is not a review page or a comment section.

Any buyer should do their due diligence before making a purchase, but to have someone discuss there views and opinions in a FOR SALE section is in my opinion, not appropriate.

I will restate that I was in disbelief when I saw that an HK USP45 Compact Tactical NIB was available and knew that someone on this site my desire it in their collection so I purchased it. I am open to offers or trades.

As seen on HKPro.com---> https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/510288-hki-gambrills-md-import-mark.html

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
You might wish to mention that this was an HKI import and carries no warranty with HK USA. Wouldn’t be important to me but it might be to a collector.
That is some good information to be aware of. Thank you @yz125racer
I’m sure the HK listed above is fine and in true HK fashion will be flawless, but HKI from HK USA? How does one tell the difference?
M.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello Sir,

I am interested in your USP45CT, but do not have sufficient PM privileges. I have been visiting here for quite a while, but I'm a reader, not a poster. May I please have an email/phone at which to contact you to discuss? My email: DECMUL (at) gmail (dot) com. Thank you kindly in advance.

-MNBNM

·
Registered
103 Posts
That is some good information to be aware of. Thank you @yz125racer
I’m sure the HK listed above is fine and in true HK fashion will be flawless, but HKI from HK USA? How does one tell the difference?
M.
The HKI import mark is on the barrel and not on the underside of the frame. There's another USP45CT ad with a photo of it.

I bought a pair of these from the same batch as the OP and the other ad, mine both have the same mark.

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
The HKI import mark is on the barrel and not on the underside of the frame. There's another USP45CT ad with a photo of it.

I bought a pair of these from the same batch as the OP and the other ad, mine both have the same mark.
Makes sense! Thanks.
M.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Interesting relationship with the m&m's. Please enjoy the community. There is a TON of fantastic information in this forum.
Streetbob- I've got your PM's. SPF.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
What he said... ↑. This bit about HKI import warranty was not mentioned to me at the time I purchased it. This pistol could simply be for someone who's been looking for an USP45 CT and couldn't ever find one for sale.

Moderators: please note that there was no question asked about the HK pistol that I have for sale. Instead, some arbitrary statement was made about a product in an attempt to reduce its perceived value. This is not a review page or a comment section.

Any buyer should do their due diligence before making a purchase, but to have someone discuss there views and opinions in a FOR SALE section is in my opinion, not appropriate.

I will restate that I was in disbelief when I saw that an HK USP45 Compact Tactical NIB was available and knew that someone on this site my desire it in their collection so I purchased it. I am open to offers or trades.

As seen on HKPro.com---> https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/510288-hki-gambrills-md-import-mark.html

Yeah well, if you didn't like his comments, you certainly won't like mine.....

There is reason to believe that these guns are not legally marked per ATF requirements and are subject to confiscation by the first Inspector who knows ATF regulations well enough and wants to hew to the letter. You don't see anyone else putting their markings here on an auto pistol, and for good reason.

27 CFR 178.92* and 27 CFR 179.102*.........The above regulations require markings that legibly identify each item or package and require that such markings be conspicuous. ATF has consistently taken the position that “legibly” marked means using exclusively Roman letters, (A, a, B, b, C, c, and so forth) and ‘conspicuous” means that all required markings must be placed in such a manner as to be wholly unobstructed from plain view. These regulation apply to licensed manufacturers and licensed importers relative to firearms, armor piercing ammunition, and large capacity ammunition feeding devices, and to makers of National Firearms Act firearms.

Similarly, firearms and large capacity ammunition feeding devices which contain required markings obstructed in whole or in part from plain view must be remarked with required markings that satisfy the conspicuousness requirements described above. For example, required markings may not be placed on a portion of the barrel where the markings would be wholly or partially obstructed from view by another part of the firearm, such as a flash suppressor or bayonet mount.
Or a slide.

Import markings need to be placed where they can be seen without manipulation or disassembly of the weapon. Needing to pull the slide to see the markings is a no-go. We all get that no one likes import markings. So what. You don't have to like it, you just have to do it. Perfectly possible to mark a USP in a way that meets the wording of the Reg without impinging the collector sensibilities. There's no reason to have done it this way other than trying to be clever. "Clever" and "ATF" don't go together.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Yeah well, if you didn't like his comments, you certainly won't like mine.....

There is reason to believe that these guns are not legally marked per ATF requirements and are subject to confiscation by the first Inspector who knows ATF regulations well enough and wants to hew to the letter. You don't see anyone else putting their markings here on an auto pistol, and for good reason.

27 CFR 178.92* and 27 CFR 179.102*.........The above regulations require markings that legibly identify each item or package and require that such markings be conspicuous. ATF has consistently taken the position that “legibly” marked means using exclusively Roman letters, (A, a, B, b, C, c, and so forth) and ‘conspicuous” means that all required markings must be placed in such a manner as to be wholly unobstructed from plain view. These regulation apply to licensed manufacturers and licensed importers relative to firearms, armor piercing ammunition, and large capacity ammunition feeding devices, and to makers of National Firearms Act firearms.

Similarly, firearms and large capacity ammunition feeding devices which contain required markings obstructed in whole or in part from plain view must be remarked with required markings that satisfy the conspicuousness requirements described above. For example, required markings may not be placed on a portion of the barrel where the markings would be wholly or partially obstructed from view by another part of the firearm, such as a flash suppressor or bayonet mount.
Or a slide.

Import markings need to be placed where they can be seen without manipulation or disassembly of the weapon. Needing to pull the slide to see the markings is a no-go. We all get that no one likes import markings. So what. You don't have to like it, you just have to do it. Perfectly possible to mark a USP in a way that meets the wording of the Reg without impinging the collector sensibilities. There's no reason to have done it this way other than trying to be clever. "Clever" and "ATF" don't go together.
^^^^^^^^^^Agreed, and well put.

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Do import marks have to be verified by the Yay Tee eff similar to SBR registrations etc ?

I would think any real liability here rests on the importer although that won't stop a field agent from seizing anything they please

PS is it also possible the markings are also on the magwell and possibly even on the slide and barrel ? ie could HK have required such markings as to differentiate from HK USA imports
I know of someone who lost one like this in a horrific whitewater canoeing accident I'll ask if he knows more re markings

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, I guess here's another sale where my inability to PM is apparently detrimental to social mores. You would think having been here for 13 years would at least have been worth a courtesy email. C'est la vie.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Regarding the firearm for sale, it has been SOLD. Thank you to all of the individuals who were interested in acquiring this BRAND NEW 2009 Heckler & Koch USP45 Compact Tactical, regardless of its importation markings or otherwise. If you feel that you missed out on this opportunity because of a status, then please, by all means, contribute to the online discussions and become a more involved party to the HKPro.com forum. There is a TON of knowledgeable collectors, enthusiasts, hobbiests, and just the average firearm enthusiast who is interested to talk and participate in the free exchange of ideas. We practice many of our freedoms with forums. The freedom to peaceably assemble (that may be a stretch, but you watch when they try to outlaw it like a "Bumpstock"), to freely exchange ideas in our speech & and to write those ideas down in this press, to worship (if you're from Texas, firearms are our religion). And to practice our rights to keep and bear arms. I would simply suggest contributing to the community, or ask questions within, to be able to private message.

As for the rest of the folks here who are concerned with the ATF and their possible rulings regarding anything... You might find yourself in boating accident or maybe even destroying items that were once considered legal. It is a shame to think that freemen don't believe that the can be SECURE IN THEIR PERSONAL EFFECTS nor be DEPRIVED OF PROPERTY with out due process of the law. We self police and speculate and back seat keyboard about things we want others to be aware of in this forum. So.. here is a quote from what should be done. Instructions if you will, about how to handle a 'very bad, no good part of the government', just like the ATF. Not ALL of the folks in it are bad, just the branch itself. Read it for the first time, or reread it to refresh yourself with its topics.

I for one am surprised that this FOR SALE ad kinda turned into a whole bunch of commentary from folks. All I was trying to do was get a fine firearm into the hands of someone who wanted it, and I did. Thank you streetbob. Excellent review headed your way. I am glad that, perhaps it might inspire thought into anyone who is reading beyond just the ad. There is plenty to dissect.:

"In Congress, July 4, 1776.
The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America, When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--

·
Registered
789 Posts
I for one am surprised that this FOR SALE ad kinda turned into a whole bunch of commentary from folks.
I'm not surprised.

It's always bothered me that many of those who gleefully hunt down new members who are upping their post count to use the marketplace are often the same ones who **** on for sale threads and generally treat them as discussion threads. Seems like it's been better lately but it's pretty outrageous and I can't think of another forum I'm a member of where conduct like this flys.

We get it, some people don't like the import mark. If they don't they can pm the seller to ask about import markings. As for the ATF seizing pistols, give me a break... I haven't heard of the ATF seizing any of the old TSC guns with the tang marked. Should some Dudley Do-Right post a disclaimer every time someone sells one of those here?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
"Verified" as in every single one inspected?"....Not really....But they WILL inspect the import marks of all guns you have in inventory if you are a Type 08 and you have a compliance inspection. Once these are out to the customers I don't see ATF going to the trouble to go collect them all over this. But if they were looking at these guns during a compliance inspection? You read the regs and tell me.

It's interesting you should ask that. The primary objective of a Compliance Inspector is.....compliance. IF an Inspector took a look at these guns when they were in inventory and noted the difference between the regs and what he saw, (and I am absolutely not speaking for them) he might well instruct the Licensee to apply markings immediately that would bring the firearm into compliance rather than do a seizure. I can see it going either way, Inspectors have a lot of leeway. So, if the Importer wound up having that conversation and was given that opportunity to immediately remark them in compliant fashion, sure, they might put the info on the mag well. Has that been done to these? No idea. Probably not an issue for anyone who owns one.

Do import marks have to be verified by the Yay Tee eff similar to SBR registrations etc ?

I would think any real liability here rests on the importer although that won't stop a field agent from seizing anything they please

PS is it also possible the markings are also on the magwell and possibly even on the slide and barrel ? ie could HK have required such markings as to differentiate from HK USA imports
I know of someone who lost one like this in a horrific whitewater canoeing accident I'll ask if he knows more re markings

1 - 18 of 18 Posts