HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a few factory clear USP and USP Compact frames for sale. These are unserialized replacement parts. Out of an abundance of caution they will ship to your FFL, despite previous guidance that they don't require an FFL or 4473 as unserialized replacement parts.

Payment by Postal Money Order, Certified Check, or discreet PP... personal check accepted only from known buyers.

Full Size USP 45
$700 Shipped

_D852102.jpg _D852103.jpg _D852104.jpg _D852109.jpg

USP Compact 9/40
$700 Shipped

_D852105.jpg _D852107.jpg _D852108.jpg _D852106.jpg

·
Banned
8 Posts
WTS: Clear USP & USP Compact Frames

Why send to an FFL If they are unserialized the FFL is gonna look at you kinda funny. Heck my FFL is doing good just to log in a firearm. Good way to stir the air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why send to an FFL If they are unserialized the FFL is gonna look at you kinda funny. Heck my FFL is doing good just to log in a firearm. Good way to stir the air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Let me say it again, but slowly... "out of an abundance of caution".

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Well, good luck. I've called two different FFL's about this, and they both told me the same thing: piss off. They aren't willing to deal with weird stuff like unserialized frames. I get the desire for caution, and if I was in your shoes, I'd probably be doing the same thing.

But I'd suggest having them engraved to make the bean-counters happy. Just sayin'

·
Premium Member
2,729 Posts
Well, good luck. I've called two different FFL's about this, and they both told me the same thing: piss off. They aren't willing to deal with weird stuff like unserialized frames. I get the desire for caution, and if I was in your shoes, I'd probably be doing the same thing.

But I'd suggest having them engraved to make the bean-counters happy. Just sayin'
Understandable why an FFL wouldn't want to get involved but what would you engrave on it? Honest question here..

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Understandable why an FFL wouldn't want to get involved but what would you engrave on it? Honest question here..
The clear frames I've seen have a metal insert. I'd engrave a serial of some sort. Makes the filling in the forms easier.. from so-and-so, serial blah blah.
Sure, its silly, in a way -- but it makes the FFL's job easier.

Just a thought; maybe it would be meaningless. I dunno.

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry guys, I was traveling and unable to visit Pro.

It's my understanding that engraving a serial number to facilitate a sale is considered commercial manufacture of a firearm and requires a Type 07 to file a Form 2 and engrave their manufacturer's info. I am exploring having a local 07 do just that with serial numbers requested by purchasers. I am also working HK contacts for clarification on these parts, and the ATF to get their opinion on their transfer. I'm already waiting 14 months and counting for a separate inquiry to the Tech Branch, so trying something different with a local contact.

Will keep you posted. In the mean time, the frames are still available for anyone whose FFL doesn't have concerns.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts