HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine just gave me a bunch of old gun parts one of which is an old nasty looking HK 91 stock with a very nice looking heavy buffer on it. do you know if I can use that on a FMP xg3s? If so how does one install it. I am not a gunsmith so i normally pay people to fix things but this seems simple. :730:

·
Premium Member
3,139 Posts
If it is like the FMP stock I have (purchased from PTR-91 site), it is too narrow to accommodate a 2-stage heavy buffer. Do you have a 2-stage or a MSG90 buffer (same diameter as standard buffer, but longer)?

·
Premium Member
3,139 Posts
So my FMP stock has a synthetic insert that fits around the standard buffer and within the milled buffer hole (its like a plastic sleeve) of the stock and then also has a rear section through which the large buffer screw is inserted. I don't have a heavy buffer so I am not sure of exact dimensions, but it is possible that w/o this sleeve, it might fit snugly. What is then unclear is how the buffer screw would work -- I guess it would not and unless you really abuse it, you would not need it (my early PTR-91 did not come with the main buffer screw, just 2 small buffer screws). Just also keep in mind that FMP, like HK, probably did different stock variants. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.