HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine just gave me a bunch of old gun parts one of which is an old nasty looking HK 91 stock with a very nice looking heavy buffer on it. do you know if I can use that on a FMP xg3s? If so how does one install it. I am not a gunsmith so i normally pay people to fix things but this seems simple. :730:

·
Premium Member
2,639 Posts
If it is like the FMP stock I have (purchased from PTR-91 site), it is too narrow to accommodate a 2-stage heavy buffer. Do you have a 2-stage or a MSG90 buffer (same diameter as standard buffer, but longer)?

·
Premium Member
2,639 Posts
So my FMP stock has a synthetic insert that fits around the standard buffer and within the milled buffer hole (its like a plastic sleeve) of the stock and then also has a rear section through which the large buffer screw is inserted. I don't have a heavy buffer so I am not sure of exact dimensions, but it is possible that w/o this sleeve, it might fit snugly. What is then unclear is how the buffer screw would work -- I guess it would not and unless you really abuse it, you would not need it (my early PTR-91 did not come with the main buffer screw, just 2 small buffer screws). Just also keep in mind that FMP, like HK, probably did different stock variants. Good luck.

·
Registered
886 Posts
You would have to open up the buffer hole in the stock and discard your plastic sleeve for it to fit. It should work fine with out the sleeve, mine does.

Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts