HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a recommendation for a set of xs sights for a USPc 40 v7...I think. The options for pistols are:

24/7 Big Dot Sets big Dot Tritium Front - 24/7 Tritium Rear

24/7 Standard Dot Sets -Std Dot Tritium Front -24/7 Tritium Rear

Big Dot Express Sets big Dot Tritium Front -White Stripe Rear

Std. Dot Express Set Std. Dot Tritium Front -White Stripe Rear

It is obviously not a target pistol so the maximum range I will be practicing at is probably 10 yds.

What has been your experiences with these sights?

If anyone has any pics they would like to post with the xs setup on a compact it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I do not like them, I shot my S&W M&P in steel matches, thought the XS sights would improve sight picture, but when it came down to it I was a lot slower with the XS sights than the regular 3 dot sights, I know a lot of people who love them and a lot who hate them so I would suggest trying them out first if you can...

·
Registered
383 Posts
I like em. I just got the 24/7 standard dot tritium set on my p226.

For me, they aim more naturally than 3-dot setups. With the V-notched rear it's natural for the eye to center it. I went with the std. dot's just cause I'll be shooting out past 25yds, and the std. dot's allow for more precise placement. They dont cover as much of the target as the big dot's. For your use, the big dot's might work better.

Some people will tell you they arent as accurate, however I've found that to be completely untrue. They are just as, if not more accurate than your standard 3-dot sights. The big difference is that aiming is a lot faster for me. I raise the gun, and they're lined up right where they need to be without 'thinking' about it.

They are my favorite fixed sights for any pistol.

Having said that, depending on the individual, you may feel differantly. I would see if you can try some out before buying them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts