HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just a quick question.....

I've tried to use the lowest degree locking pieces on both my 53 (clone), and 16" V93 that will still reliably cycle with the ammo I've stockpiled.....

The 53 seems to be happy with just about everything except Federal bulk-pack 55gr with a #3 (IMI M193,XM193, RORG 62gr, and M855), and with the 15 the Federal does fine.

The V93 however, has a #8, and I was wondering if there was a lower degree LP I could experiment with? (#18?)

Considering the 93 cycles the same ammo I mentioned above flawlessly (ejection into the next zip code) with the #8, which is a pretty good cross-section of mil-spec 5.56, why was the #7 used?

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
I am guessing the two degrees difference between the #7 and #8 (Malaysia) maybe in part different design specifications for the tolerance with dirty firearms, ammo differences and very possible weather/temperature. As one may expect the temperatures to be warmer in Malaysia and the design team may not had to worry about subzero temperature operation as much.

From World of HK
HK53 marked 15 (65°)
HK33/93 marked 3 (58°)
HK33/93 marked 7 (sometimes used in HK53--55°)
HK33 marked 8 (Malaysia--53°)
HK33 marked 11 (Sometimes early HK23E and HK13--Unk angle)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Would I notice a difference if I changed the #8 LP in my V93 and would there be any advantage to it? I've been looking to buy another LP as a spare, but I generally see the #7 for sale. I'm thinking of buying a Malaysian HK33 parts kit to use for spares and I assume it would have the #8. My ammo stash is made up exclusively of Federal XM193 and Hornady 53gr V-max.

EDIT: I have noticed that while the V93 will shoot 55gr .223Rem with no problems, my groups are almost twice as large than with Federal XM193 5.56. For some strange reason, it seems to shoot better with Remington brand .223 than with American Eagle brand .223, but yet with Federal XM193, it gives me groups that are half the size of ones with American Eagle .223.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts