HKPRO Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
I can see why some might like the alloy frames, for me I found shooting the USPc/USP easier than the P228, 226 alloy framed guns with less felt recoil. Those are just added weight and offer no real advantages. My P320Xcarry with the slide cuts is super smooth with even less felt recoil. It feels like the 92 with it's light slide, a real pussy cat.
I recently sold a P229, what a awful feeling gun and my USPc is so much easier to shoot and carry.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

·
Registered
64 Posts
A great point I keep seeing made is that HK won't do anything if its not at least tangentially related to contracts, and I think history has demonstrated that. That said, they are recently under new ownership If anything, I'd expect to see a slim, high-cap sub-compact striker-fire to compete in that market space.

I am merely commenting that Walther has been really good at reading the market over the years.
This is a good point (especially regarding the P99 IMO) and after reading this thread I perused the WaltherForums and keeping in mind the points made in this conversation about the HK's production capital, this post provides some interesting food for thought.

There have been some things released strictly for the civilian market in recent years (this thread serves as an interesting retrospective) but with ownership having changed recently civilian consumers may not see anything new for years, which is probably the safest bet IMO.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts