HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my HK45 and shot it today. First, I'd like to thank Exeter Arms for the gun. Top notch customer service and fast shipping. The gun shot very well. I haven't shot a gun in a few weeks, and I feel like I just picked up where I left off. Just like what everyone else said, the gun sits lower than a USP. The grip felt a little bit thicker and bigger than the P30. For me, the P30 feels better and more ergonomic, but I like the HK45 alot still. The HK45 trigger felt slightly better and smoother than a USP's....particularly on single action. I like the Spider Man grips alot much like everyone else here. What I didn't like was the USP-like safety. It's like a USP safety that's thinned down. I honestly like the P30 decocker better. Although lots of people like the enlarged mag-release, I don't think it's an improvement at all. I still have to significantly shift my grip to drop the mag. This is using the thumb of course rather than using my middle finger. I know lots of HK people are used to dropping mags with their middle finger. I don't just because I shoot so many different guns.

Here's what peeved me somewhat though. The gun came with some extra O-rings, but also came with a case that had one of the hinges cracked and broken. I know this is being picky, but a new $1000 gun shouldn't come like this. HK should make sure their cases are all in one piece. Also, the gun came with TWO medium backstraps. No large, no small. I don't know what they're supposed to come with, but I thought they are supposed to come with one large and one medium. I would have kept the medium in anyway. For a 10-round 45 caliber pistol, I'd say the gun is relatively thin. Recoil was very manageable, and the gun shot very well.

All in all, I can definitely see why this gun is more evolutionary than revolutionary. I think it's an improved USP 45 basically. If you're looking for a good 45 caliber pistol for self-defense, duty use, or tactical work, I don't think you'll go wrong with this one. Another hit for HK.

·
Registered
849 Posts
You should have gotten one large (on the body) and one medium. Sucks on the hinge, but that is no deal breaker IMO. thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Thanks for the report!
As far as the case goes, give HK Customer Service a call. They shouldn't have a problem sending you a replacement case. They sent me one free for my P2K and I know they did the same for a few other guys on here.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thanks for the report!

I had the same impressions on my HK45. I also thought that it was odd that the P30 comes with a sweet fitted case and the HK45 comes with a generic clamshell.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Maybe the P30 case configuration/specs are for a contract requirement. It would have been cost effective to just put the foam on both the top and bottom instead of offering the cutouts that are missing in the HK 45 case.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts