HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many apologies for my first post being on LEM, but I did search. My question is probably answered, but I may be too noob to see it.

Oh - shame on me - hello everyone. New guy with new HK45C V1 BB that I am in the process of preparing to LEM - and I have not even fired it DA/SA. Is that a sin?

Let's talk hammer springs in the universal LEM kit. As you know it comes with two.

The spring that is in the HK45C V1 is the same length as a spring in the kit that is clearly from "thicker stock" and harder to compress. The other spring in the kit seems to be of the
same (or similar) thickness as that from the V1. It may not be, but that spring is shorter by maybe 1/8" or so.

I know from the great posts here that for "light LEM" I would use the V1 spring.

Which of either of the two hammer springs in the universal kit would be used for "heavy LEM"? If it's the same length spring as the V1 - and the thicker stock one - then looks to be a beast to compress.

I've read about the TRS spring, Todd Green Special, etc: leave it for light LEM or use the thicker obtuse square one with V1 hammer spring for TGS (if I recall correctly). I believe a BB already has the
newer lighter FPBS.

Thanks,

Pete

·
Registered
759 Posts
The shorter of the two hammer springs that come with the universal LEM conversion kit is specifically for the HK45c. You are correct that, if you want light LEM, leave all your V1 springs as is.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I certainly believe your answer.

It's counter intuitive to me that the shorter spring in the universal LEM kit would be for the "heavier LEM" as implied for the 45c. On the other hand, in a universal kit it makes sense that the longer spring would be for full size - HK45, USP45 - and not the compact versions. Confusing to me that a "longer" spring came out of my V1 - one that matches in length the longer/heavier spring in the kit. Would really like to be schooled on why that is - shorter kit spring yields a heavier LEM. Physics - and sometimes words - isn't my strong suite.

If I go "light LEM" or TGS it's kind of moot - leave the original hammer spring in. I'm leaning TGS.

Thanks,

Pete

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Not much magic to it. The shorter spring is stiffer and therefore is harder to compress.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts