HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into updating the sights and am confused. Mep and Trij offer them, and a couple are even sold here. At the same time I'm finding threads saying "don't replace the factory sights if you want night sights, have the factory sights modified for them." The reason given is that since the front sights can be any one of seven different heights, there's no way to ensure any aftermarket sights are going to retain the same factory sight accuracy.

So which is it? If I buy new aftermarket units am I going to throw off the POI because the front sight may or may not be a different height? And yet, it seems lots of people do just that and have no issues... :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
The Trijicon front sight is a very,very close match to the stock 6.8mm front sight. Not sure about the mep's as they never answered me about it. Tool tech is another option for your stock sights,but very costly imo.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From what I read it appears everyone's happy with their work, but I also agree the price is up there. Also, while the sights are factory, they're pretty worn, so I'd like to replace the entire unit and install them myself. Thanks for the info on the Trijicon - that'll probably be what I go with.

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you're replacing the sights as a "set", front and rear, that is, then wouldn't that set be matched to one another? Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you're replacing just the front, or just the rear sight, then you would have to be more concerned with their heights, trying to keep them as close to factory specs as possible. But if you're replacing both sights with a Trijicon set, or a Mepro set, then those sights should zeroed in together...they should work as a factory sight set would. I don't think that you would have much of an issue if you replace the sights with a SET of your choice...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Agreed, yes, they're being replaced as a set. That's for the help guys, though all it does is enable me to spend more money, lol!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Post some pics when you're done with your set-up...it's always nice taking a look at P7 pics...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts