HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
And no sooner after field stripping and lubing did I head out to the range and put 215 rounds of Hydra-Shok, WWB, and Federal HST through it. Absolutely flawless. I swapped out the medium backstrap and side panels for the small all the way around, and you guys were right, it is one of the most comfortable guns I have ever handled.

The only glitch and it was temporary was in the field stripping stage. I could not for the life of me figure out how to remove the slide release lever on the left side (at least I know beforehand the right side lever doesn't come off on the P30). Then I found out thanks to this board, that the lever on the left only has to come out half way to release the slide from the frame. I had no idea but was smart enough not to force anything though I sure did wiggle and politely prod the lever hoping it would come out. HK, how about a little slip of paper inside the P Series Operator's Manual explaining this? Or was I so excited I missed it?

Anyway, I am very impressed. Very soft recoil, exceptional accuracy and currently zero to complain about. Oh yeah, those sights are BRIGHT!! Wow.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Congrats! Glad to see you're loving your new P30 as much as I'm loving mine :)
+1 The P30 is one of the best handguns available. Were you able to check and see if the P30 fits in your P2000 MTAC Holster?
Thanks

·
Registered
821 Posts
Congrats on joining the P30 club. You've just obtained the most advanced new pistol on the market, IMO>

·
Registered
210 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase, I'm sure the more you shoot it the more you'll love it. +1 on the small grip panels all the way around. I have rather large hands, but for some reason that config feels the best.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Sweet, I love spending other peoples money for them LOL!

Congrats on getting the best.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
It sure does Mark. Thanks guys.
Thanks for letting us know. If you get a chance would you mind taking some pics? How comfortbale is the MTAC with the P30?
Thanks

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for letting us know. If you get a chance would you mind taking some pics? How comfortbale is the MTAC with the P30?
Thanks
Yes Mark I will try and post a pic tonight. The MTAC is just as comfortable with the P30 in it as it is with the P2000. Nice holster.

D

·
0 Posts
kraigster... COOL! Now I want to know if they will be coming in .40 and what the trigger & capacity will be like in .40.

·
Registered
12 Posts
And no sooner after field stripping and lubing did I head out to the range and put 215 rounds of Hydra-Shok, WWB, and Federal HST through it. Absolutely flawless. I swapped out the medium backstrap and side panels for the small all the way around, and you guys were right, it is one of the most comfortable guns I have ever handled.

The only glitch and it was temporary was in the field stripping stage. I could not for the life of me figure out how to remove the slide release lever on the left side (at least I know beforehand the right side lever doesn't come off on the P30). Then I found out thanks to this board, that the lever on the left only has to come out half way to release the slide from the frame. I had no idea but was smart enough not to force anything though I sure did wiggle and politely prod the lever hoping it would come out. HK, how about a little slip of paper inside the P Series Operator's Manual explaining this? Or was I so excited I missed it?

Anyway, I am very impressed. Very soft recoil, exceptional accuracy and currently zero to complain about. Oh yeah, those sights are BRIGHT!! Wow.

You didn't miss it. They're supposedly going to start putting a sticker on the manual.

·
Registered
101 Posts
kraigster... COOL! Now I want to know if they will be coming in .40 and what the trigger & capacity will be like in .40.
DHART: Sure hope you buy one, then we can start to see some of your cool pics on HK instead of having to go over to the 1911 forums. Once you start shooting an HK it is as bad an addiction as the Colts!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Here you go Mark. P30 in the Comp-tac MTAC IWB. Mine is a LH model. This holster was originally designed for a P2000 but as you can see it fits the P30 well. No complaints.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts