HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to see someone custom make a damn bolt for 9mm. I've seen some 9mm barrels floating around but it would be great if someone would just copy the bolt with the appropriate changes made for 9mm casings.

I would sure love to make a UMP conversion without spending $2000.00 plus dollars for 9mm factory parts I'd still have to have machined. No ones ever toyed with the idea of doing this?

·
Banned
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Interestingly enough. I spoke to Ed at HDPS about this topic and he said every time he makes a 9mm USC/UMP he gets this itch to produce some 9mm bolt kits.

Who knows, maybe someday.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'll never understand the desire to spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars just to be different.

For all the trouble and expense you will go to in converting the USC/UMP to 9mm, you could easily afford a decent MP5 clone in 9mm.

I'd rather have the USC/UMP and an MP5 clone than just have a 9mm USC/UMP. The only people who will even know the difference are people on here.

·
Banned
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I suppose you are right even though I wanted a 9mm from the start.

I originally wanted a CA94. I wanted something in 9mm. The only reason I didn't buy CA94 was because the gun who runs Special Weapons, Corhaire Arms, whatever you call it was a **** to me in an email I sent him.

I didn't even know who he was until I found his CA94 guns on gunbroker.

I fired him off an email asking if I could pay via credit card because I was generally paranoid about online transaction and he fired back about i shouldn't buy a gun from him, take my money else where if I couldnt trust him and his fabulous reputation in the HK clone market.

The guy had tool writen all over him to I Google searched the name of his company and found out he ran 20 other companies too with a long list of people reporting fraud and scams.

Right then I said ok, screw the CA94 I'm getting a USC and doing a UMP conversion.

I now get why the clone forum says "New forum dedicated to the discussion of any and all HK clones with the exception of anything from Special Weapons/Bailey et. al."

Maybe if I can find a CA94 second hand so I don't have to deal with that guy but unless I do, I'll stick to my over priced UMP future 9mm project.

Anyone want to sell me there CA94?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Ahh, now everything makes more sense :).

Yeah there are plenty of MP5 clones to be had on Gunbroker or Auctionarms or wherever. For the money you'll spend on a USC/UMP conversion, you might also look at an HK94 (the civ MP5 with the 16-inch barrel). My own conversion was in the $2300-2400 range, and with accessories (optics, mags, case) pushed me over $3K. You should be able to find a 94 for that price.

I've been thinking about an MP5 clone as well, so I wasn't trying to talk you out of one above, just saying if you're in the mood to spend $3K you might as well get the real thing. I'm waiting to find just the right clone, A3 collapsable stock, wide forearm, full length barrel with fake suppressor, with a price under $1500.

The owner of Special Weapons has alluded in his forum that he's getting out of the guns business (or if I remember right, he's cutting that part of his work greatly), and google seems to have solved the mystery. The first link you used to get for his name was to an entry on RipOffReport.com, but it has dropped to 2nd place. I won't spoil what the new first link is, but it appears to be his new line of work, and it borders on being unbelievable, especially for a guy who has been in the gun business for so long and is practically infamous for his customer service (as your experience reiterates).

·
Banned
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I google searched just to see and that gun is ugly. WTF was he thinking when they designed that. Wow...

·
Registered
589 Posts
Totally believable, a grift is a grift after all. At least this product is easier to sell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts