HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a unfired HK SR9 I bought back '89 or '90. It's the wood grain Kelvar-wrapped composite stock version. I haven't seen it mentioned in the forums and I am wondering what price range it might be worth. It has been a vault queen since I got it. I didn't plan on having 91 virgin but the longer I didn't fire it the harder it was to take it out and have some fun with it. Never fired, perfect finish and all the original accessories/box.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Welcome to the boards.

They're great rifles, their biggest distracting characteristic is their thumbhole stock. Generally, they're more accuate than a 91 because of their better barrel.
One like yours I would price around $2K.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I would somewhat agree with edman. I bought the exact kind you have about 4 years ago for exactly $2k. I don't think there are many people that will pay that much any more. the interest seems to be going down on the SR9's lately. that being said, it's definitely worth that, but you'll probably get just under that if you go to sell.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Most SR9's that I have seen go for about $1,800 used. I would say a safe queen would be a bit more. I agree with the other posters that $2,000 is a fair price.

·
Banned
34,554 Posts
NIB- $1,800.00 (quick sale); $2,000.00 (medium sale); $2,250.00 (slow sale/collector value);
LNIB- $1,800.00; LNNB- $1,600.00;
Used 85-90%- $1,400.00.

Not as popular as the SR9T or SR9TC.
Just one opinion.

Tony

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
About the stock?

Now I have a question about the stock. The HK manual calls it a "kevlar reinforced fiberglass woodgrain buttstock and forend". Recently I took my SR9 to an Atlanta gunshow and one of the dealers made a comment about the kevlar wrapped stock saying they have been known to peel or become unattached from the understock. Now I know this may have been a business ploy but have any of you heard of this happening? The adhesives used in process may have a limited lifespan I would think especially if exposed to lots of UV light. If this started to happen I wouldn't think there would be any way to save or repair it so what would make the best budget-minded stock swap for it?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Now I have a question about the stock. The HK manual calls it a "kevlar reinforced fiberglass woodgrain buttstock and forend". Recently I took my SR9 to an Atlanta gunshow and one of the dealers made a comment about the kevlar wrapped stock saying they have been known to peel or become unattached from the understock. Now I know this may have been a business ploy but have any of you heard of this happening? The adhesives used in process may have a limited lifespan I would think especially if exposed to lots of UV light. If this started to happen I wouldn't think there would be any way to save or repair it so what would make the best budget-minded stock swap for it?
Always remember the dealers point of view, which is
"all my stuff are treasures, all your stuff is junk"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts