HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't take it any longer, after waiting and hoping and praying that H&K would release to 416 to civies, I've given up. I'm buying an LWRC rifle instead. I love my HKs, but I'm not going to sit around and wait forever. I tried to remain faithful, I really did. H&K, your procrastination has lost you yet another sale.

I already know the 416 can't be imported for civilian sales, but everyone knows they could get around that by various methods, so I don't want to hear that lame excuse again.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I don't think you'll go wrong with an LWRC. If I had the cash to buy one, I'd get an LWRC (14.5" barrel with a JFK flash hider installed of course) upper in a heart beat.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Nothing wrong with the LWRC.

They're good rifles, and they sell to civies no problems!

Mabey HK will learn, mabey they wont... Despite what people say, many shooters WANT good quality firearms, and can justify the cost with a lifetime of useage. HK has a big market, one that keeps getting bigger.

If they dont jump on it, they'll loose out of a GARAUNTEED market.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I can't take it any longer, after waiting and hoping and praying that H&K would release to 416 to civies, I've given up. I'm buying an LWRC rifle instead. I love my HKs, but I'm not going to sit around and wait forever. I tried to remain faithful, I really did. H&K, your procrastination has lost you yet another sale.

I already know the 416 can't be imported for civilian sales, but everyone knows they could get around that by various methods, so I don't want to hear that lame excuse again.
Your patience is admirable and you should be commended but those arrogant SOBs at HK could care less if you dropped dead! They openly disregard the 2'nd and what makes this country No.1. Thankfully there is Vector. I'd rather have an American made product anyway. Yes, I know they use HK parts but I think that just sticks it to HK all the more. Never could see paying for a name. I'll take functionality and customer service over "jerkweedism" any day. I think they are still pissed about WWII.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Mabey HK will learn, mabey they wont... Despite what people say, many shooters WANT good quality firearms, and can justify the cost with a lifetime of useage. HK has a big market, one that keeps getting bigger.

If they dont jump on it, they'll loose out of a GARAUNTEED market.
HK has a huge market in foreign military sales, and foreign LE sales to really justify screwing around and waste resources to what amounts to a very limited civilian market sales in the US.

HK is in the business to make money selling their products in multi-million dollar contracts, I really doubt that the their yearly civilian sales even aproaches close to one of their lucritive contracts

·
Registered
280 Posts
LWRC is a fine piece, but don't give up your patience yet. My buddy has been waiting for his L&W since June 1ST.

UPDATE 10/10/2007: LWRC has shipped my buddy's 18" Green SRT !!!!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
HK has a huge market in foreign military sales, and foreign LE sales to really justify screwing around and waste resources to what amounts to a very limited civilian market sales in the US.

HK is in the business to make money selling their products in multi-million dollar contracts, I really doubt that the their yearly civilian sales even aproaches close to one of their lucritive contracts
Military contracts may get the one time big lump sum of money, but the American market is one of the biggest firearms markets in the world. HK is ignoring the smaller, yet continuous flow of money from making products.

Weather or not HK "thinks" they will get the money or not, look at how well Sig, and FN are doing. They're even making USA made Steyr AUG's, and they've all sold out with the production runs.

There is a lot of money to be made... mabey some to be lost, but those that take the risks, reap the rewards right?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Honestly, as a gun salesman, shooter and raving gun nut.

I see where HK comes from.

The ignorant drivel, inanities and BS that is spouted by American shooters is frustrating to the core.

Now add in the fact that HK is a foreign company, the hostile nature of American legislation and the fact that American shooters didn't support HK when all the foreign made goodies where banned.

HK solicited for sportsmen to showcase how they use their 91's in perfectly legal pursuits.

Where were we then?

And unlike Ruger, HK still happily sells factory hi-caps. Unlike Smith and Wesson they have never signed on with gun control. Unlike Colt they offer a LOT more of their catalog.

LWRC makes a damn good product. But calling HK names because they don't offer one product you really want just proves a point.

·
Banned
366 Posts
I've pretty much given up on HK too. I'm also going to buy an LWRC upper.

Even if I had $5k to spend on one of the HK uppers floating around I wouldn't. HK's lack of support etc would make it an expensive piece to own if you ever needed service or parts.

I have a friend who just picked up the LWRC upper and tossed some HK 416 sights on it, beautiful looking rifle.

·
Registered
589 Posts

The largest armed force on the planet is the US population. Just throwing it out there.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I'm guessing there are more pepole that have interest in bying a AR syle rifle in the USA than are on the ENTIRE NYPD! It IS a huge market for AR style rifles in the USA I'm sure they are missing the boat. The civilian market in the USA is much bigger than getting a huge LE contract IMHO There are probably more AR15s in the US than some small armys!

·
Banned
366 Posts
I'm guessing there are more pepole that have interest in bying a AR syle rifle in the USA than are on the ENTIRE NYPD! It IS a huge market for AR style rifles in the USA I'm sure they are missing the boat. The civilian market in the USA is much bigger than getting a huge LE contract IMHO There are probably more AR15s in the US than some small armys!
Yes they are missing the boat on civi sales but they simply don't care.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts