HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I must start by admitting that the HK45 and HK45C are on my buy list for next year.

Having said this I must also say that I have been a disappointed by HK's recent offerings because they lack a certain elegance that typified some of their older offerings, for example, the P7.

My preference for HK's NEXT handgun would be a .45 that is specifically designed for concealed carry. It would have the following characteristics:

1. it would be as LIGHT as possible;
2. it would be easily concealed because it would be as slim and as short as possible;
3. it would have all corners and edges dehorned and NO accessory rail;
4. it would have NO finger bumps;
5. it would use a small cap (short) magazine for in the weapon and a larger cap magazine for the carrier; and
6. it would have high quality sights, perhaps something like the 24/7 express sights. (Some of us are getting older!)

It would be the perfect "always have on hand" weapon, and, best of all, it would be an HK, not a Kahr PM45.

I should also admit that while my preferred concealed carry firearm is my USPC .45, I probably carry my Kahr PM9 more frequently just because of its sheer convenience. But its a Kahr........

What would you like to see HK offer?

·
Registered
190 Posts
P7M45

:)

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
It's been said many times and it is a pitty too, but HK only makes firearms to Military, Fed, and LE contract needs now days. It's ahame it's like that, but you can't blame them.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Something truly Hk/unique....and not so generic as the latest offerings.

·
Registered
381 Posts
A P30L in .40sw

or

A 5" HK10 (HK45 in 10mm w/ longer barrel/slide)

+1

I would like another 9/40/.357 platform. Baiscally a USP and USPc with a standard rail like that found on the P30 and HK45. I would like a better trigger on this gun as well.

And while they are at it, they could make a 10mm.

·
Registered
311 Posts
all V1.....

P30L
P30L with match trigger, threaded barrel
P30 Expert version with match trigger, 5 inch barrel
HK45 with match trigger, threaded barrel
HK45 Expert version with match trigger, 5 inch barrel

i can only dream :eek:

·
Registered
31 Posts
P30L LEM

HK45 LEM

HK45c LEM

Before 2009.....especially Before March 2008.... this is a dream thread after all!

Anyone notice a theme here?

·
Registered
297 Posts
How about a P30sk? A P30sk in 357 Sig with the LEM trigger. How about a P30 in 45 ACP? I know there's a HK45 compact coming out, but I just like the P30 grip and decocking lever better than the HK45's.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
A P30sk would be VERY nice. On top of the P7M7 that I would love (but will NEVER happen) I agree with with other guys that a fullsize P30 (5" barrel) with match trigger would be perfect.

·
Registered
402 Posts
P30 LEM, P30L LEM, P30SK LEM, and something as small as the 1968 gun control act will allow.

All before new gun sales are banned.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'd like to see the HK45c with the spidey grips. Also want the safe config. as the P2000 V3. Spurred hammer, rear de-cocker, and DA/SA. The second part should be happening so I can realize my dreams. :D

·
Registered
503 Posts
I must start by admitting that the HK45 and HK45C are on my buy list for next year.

Having said this I must also say that I have been a disappointed by HK's recent offerings because they lack a certain elegance that typified some of their older offerings, for example, the P7.

My preference for HK's NEXT handgun would be a .45 that is specifically designed for concealed carry. It would have the following characteristics:

1. it would be as LIGHT as possible;
2. it would be easily concealed because it would be as slim and as short as possible;
3. it would have all corners and edges dehorned and NO accessory rail;
4. it would have NO finger bumps;
5. it would use a small cap (short) magazine for in the weapon and a larger cap magazine for the carrier; and
6. it would have high quality sights, perhaps something like the 24/7 express sights. (Some of us are getting older!)

It would be the perfect "always have on hand" weapon, and, best of all, it would be an HK, not a Kahr PM45.

I should also admit that while my preferred concealed carry firearm is my USPC .45, I probably carry my Kahr PM9 more frequently just because of its sheer convenience. But its a Kahr........

What would you like to see HK offer?
+1 megga dittos. Like the frame size of the HK4. One more thing. I know it's almost like sacrilege to say it here, but... I do not like the P7 series and decocker grips. I do like the controls pretty much the way they are on USP, with perhaps the small changes on the controls seen in the 2 new offerings. That said, make it in .380 and ... yes... .32 AND... 57 centerfire. and make it an HK all the way in no compromise reliability. and finally, just go ahead and include the CA legal stuff. It's really not all that bad.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Either a P7M7 or, a second runner up would be the HK1911 that Vickers and Hackathorn worked with HK on.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Well....

What would you like to see HK offer?[/QUOTE]

Free guns!!

....Since we're all dreamin' here!

ARKAY

1 - 20 of 50 Posts