HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally decided to pull the trigger on the Z43p for my k build this weekend. Despite Atlantic's warning suggesting that orders may take 7 business to process, my order processed in a day and the gun will be here Tuesday! It will be getting the welded muzzle extension treatment, at least until we see how the chips fall in November.

Does anyone know if these things are picky about ammo, or can it eat just about anything like my PTR? This will be my only 5.56 firearm, so if I'm buying a case of ammo I want to make sure this gun likes it.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Congrats man I saw one in the local gun shop and they look awesome.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haven't gotten to shoot it yet but I'm mostly pleased with the looks and feel. I had read about the issues a few people had with crooked sights, and when I picked it up I thought the rear sight may have been juuuust slightly off to the side, but so close I couldn't tell for sure. When I got home I compared it to my Z-5rs and got the same impression about the rear sight on that as well. The Z-5 has been very accurate for me, so I think maybe what I'm seeing is just a windage adjustment from the factory. It may also be that I'm looking for issues that aren't there because I'm a perfectionist. I'll have to do some shooting and report back.

·
Registered
274 Posts
yeah.. to shoot it is the only way to tell. i've had 2 RSs and one P and they were all waaay off from the factory. one so far off it was replaced.
DS

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright guys, I spent the afternoon picking off dirt clods and softball-sized rocks from 30-40 yards with great efficiency. Not the most scientific test of accuracy, but enough to put to rest my fear of my sights being off. It will be at least a week until I have a chance to shoot groups on paper at 100 yards, but I still intend to do so and post the results.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts