HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put ~1000 rounds through my Z5-P as a pistol while waiting on my stamp. I noticed that with the stock locking piece, 147gr ammo and octane 45 the bolt was hitting the buffer enough to chew it up a bit. My stamp came in last week and I put on the B&T short stock, USA front grip and a #28 locking piece. I put 500 rounds through it Saturday and I am very happy. Smooth, accurate, no buffer wear at all. It cycles 115 and 147 with and without the stock and octane on it. I shot these at 50 feet with iron sights. Only limitation is my aging eyes. Each target has 30 rounds through it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Nice set up!!

I have a full size Uzi also. (Vector Semi)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could you tell any difference in perceived recoil?
Hard to say 9mm has much recoil to begin with. But yes, when the bolt hits the buffer it is harsh. Now it is very smooth. It didn't do it with 115gr and no silencer but 147 and silencer it would smack the back and the stock would have only made that worse.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hard to say 9mm has much recoil to begin with. But yes, when the bolt hits the buffer it is harsh. Now it is very smooth. It didn't do it with 115gr and no silencer but 147 and silencer it would smack the back and the stock would have only made that worse.
Good to know, once I get my stamp back for my Octane 45 I'll probably pick one of those locking pieces up too. Thanks for the writeup!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just to follow up, the stock endcap is on the right. It shows quite a bit of wear from ~1000 rounds. The B&T is on the left and shows almost no wear after 500 rounds.

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
Awesome, thanx for the feedback, cant wait to get mine back, well after I send them in lol. I am in a buy what you really want mode before the election.

·
Registered
274 Posts
so then would it be a general rule that for suppressed fire, with increased pressure, that a smaller than normal gap would be preferred to quell the increased recoil a bit? Smaller gaps take longer to unlock yes?

thanks!

DS

·
Registered
184 Posts
Wow, from looking at those buffers that really does seem to make quite the differences. Thats really impressive.

so then would it be a general rule that for suppressed fire, with increased pressure, that a smaller than normal gap would be preferred to quell the increased recoil a bit? Smaller gaps take longer to unlock yes?

thanks!

DS
That would be my understanding too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bolt gap was .013 with stock piece. It was .022 with the #28, a little over the .018 recommended. I was told it should wear in a little with use. I will check it now that I have shot it a bit and let you know.

·
Registered
274 Posts
so i'm just curious if some of the more experienced members (thanks BTW Brucken91) might be able to shed some light on the suppressed bolt gap question. bigger or smaller than the nominal .18 for suppressed fire? does it matter at all?

thanks!

DS

1 - 15 of 15 Posts