HKPRO Forums banner

121 - 140 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
View attachment 34926

I tried. The flash makes the paint wear more obvious than seeing it in person.

Now that I have the pistol again, I got to try out my flash hider. It will slip on, but won't rotate with the thread protector on. If you take the thread protector off, the flash hider can rotate and lock into place like it's supposed to.
That's warranty work on a $1700 gun?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
View attachment 34926

I tried. The flash makes the paint wear more obvious than seeing it in person.

Now that I have the pistol again, I got to try out my flash hider. It will slip on, but won't rotate with the thread protector on. If you take the thread protector off, the flash hider can rotate and lock into place like it's supposed to.
That fix is unacceptable in my mind. You could have done that in your garage and saved the time of shipping it. Time to send it back again so that they can now fix the aesthetics. That is a WTF job right there

·
Registered
60 Posts
Wow I would be real pissed if mine came back like that after a repair. Definitely call them up and don't be afraid to ask to someone higher up about the issue.

Now onto mine. Just fired my first 150 rounds or so through mine and it ran like a dream. Never owned a shot or sub type gun chambered in 9mm but it's awesome. The kick is barely more than my 22LR rifle, which is pretty crazy. Anyways...when I was taking it down I noticed what appears to be some rust on the butt plate. Does anybody else have this on theirs? Is it rust? It's probably the least important part of the gun, but for the price and the fact that it's brand new, I don't want any rust on it.

W63husc.jpg
jiJOSxG.jpg

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
With zeinith being the new importer of MKE arms i understand there jus starting out and tring hard to make it in the clone market but some things i read about them doing i would think is bad for a new and up coming buisness. With my personal expirience with them, they got my 5RS running reliable now but im still iffy on the company as a hole. I guess time will tell to see if theyy sink or swim. I believe costomer service is key. A happy customer is a repeat custom..

·
Registered
74 Posts
That "Repair" is horrible! If that were mine I'd be furious! Call them up and tell someone that this is not acceptable. I'm glad I bought a CZ EVO3 S-1. When and if MKE gets their act together, and I happen to have $1700 burning a hole in My pocket, I might consider one.

CZ1_604.JPG CZ2_605.JPG

·
Registered
552 Posts
With zeinith being the new importer of MKE arms i understand there jus starting out and tring hard to make it in the clone market but some things i read about them doing i would think is bad for a new and up coming buisness. With my personal expirience with them, they got my 5RS running reliable now but im still iffy on the company as a hole. I guess time will tell to see if theyy sink or swim. I believe costomer service is key. A happy customer is a repeat custom..

I asked earlier, but it got buried in the thread. What are or were you a Sgt of?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Anybody else getting a lot of debris coming out of the ejection port when firing? At my indoor range, I have a big piece of glass right next to me and I feel a lot of shards and debris bouncing off the glass and hitting me in my arm and face. Not sure this is normal or not, but none of my other guns have issue with sending bullet fragments out to the side. Here's a picture inside my ejection port when the bolt is closed. I'm far from a gunsmith, but I'm guessing that gap between the bolt and the carrier is letting bullet fragments spray out there instead of all down range through the other end of the barrel? Can anybody else with this gun confirm or deny that looking inside their ejection port at the bolt looks the same to them? I tried a couple different types of ammo with the same experience. I have no problem getting on the phone with Zenith tomorrow, but I don't want to bog them down with unnecessary calls if I don't need to.
qpJgTX2.jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
I jumped in the Zenith 5rs bandwagon today. The finish on this clone is very very good. My first 8 shoots with Rem 115 white/green box hit the center of the target without any adjustment. Then it went downhill. After every shot, the gun would not extract the shell casing. To make matters worse, the shells would either get stuck perpendicular to the block or would disappear behind the block, making it impossible to continue operating the gun. After ten casings had to be dislodged by the gun club armorer, he told me to use instead hornady plus p ammo. Which I did. The gun ran flawlessly then. I reverted to the 115 rem, and was able to shoot 30 rounds w/o incident. Then the gun started acting again. In total, I shot two boxes of rem 115 and one of defense ammo, then I cleaned the gun and went home. I will try next 124 gr ammo. Hopefully after 200 rounds I will know if this is a dud or not. Will keep you posted.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I jumped in the Zenith 5rs bandwagon today. The finish on this clone is very very good. My first 8 shoots with Rem 115 white/green box hit the center of the target without any adjustment. Then it went downhill. After every shot, the gun would not extract the shell casing. To make matters worse, the shells would either get stuck perpendicular to the block or would disappear behind the block, making it impossible to continue operating the gun. After ten casings had to be dislodged by the gun club armorer, he told me to use instead hornady plus p ammo. Which I did. The gun ran flawlessly then. I reverted to the 115 rem, and was able to shoot 30 rounds w/o incident. Then the gun started acting again. In total, I shot two boxes of rem 115 and one of defense ammo, then I cleaned the gun and went home. I will try next 124 gr ammo. Hopefully after 200 rounds I will know if this is a dud or not. Will keep you posted.
Did you take any pics of the failures? I would like to see the casings and how they were stuck to help diagnose your issue, I haven't seen this before on these.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Deserteagle: I had left my Iphone in the car, so no pics. Next time I am taking a video. Two of the casings, the ones lodged perpendicular to the block, came out with a severe lip bend inwards on one side. I will be back this week so I will report back. Chip1234, did not know that. I am going back with Fiocci 124, Rem 124, Aguila 124 and Winchester 147. I can tell that for the short time it worked, I was in heaven.
Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Map, ammo should make no difference it should run with any factory ammo. Call and send it back if this keeps up, I have not seen this failure before these things run and run they are as good as me factory guns. If you gets pics post them or send them to me and I will help figure out the issue.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Any problems with sight picture

Map, ammo should make no difference it should run with any factory ammo. Call and send it back if this keeps up, I have not seen this failure before these things run and run they are as good as me factory guns. If you gets pics post them or send them to me and I will help figure out the issue.
Desert eagle you will be the first one to know. I disassembled the zenith today, checked the bolt, the firing pin, the extractor and the pin that hold the extractor. Everything looked fine, I mean, nothing broken. Then I took a look at the rear sights. It looks skewed to the left. Usually the opening should lock in the middle. What troubles me is that it was shooting the bullseye at 10 yards yesterday. Is this something that can be corrected?

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
BS, these guns were designed around NATO spec ball. Rem 9mm factory ammo is little better than having a mouse fart down the barrel. Get some Winchester or even MKE ammo from ZQI.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Map, ammo should make no difference it should run with any factory ammo.
Brown Bear is a factory, and they make "ammo..."

I fear that if the manufacturers get the idea that American consumers want a gun that will cycle junk-grade ammo, we will see some kind of "Neckbeard Profile Locking Piece" appear as standard.

We saw it with ARs, and the dirtshooters got all their favorite manufacturers to start hogging out gas ports to run underpowered trash-heap Russian ammo.

The guns are made to run with M882.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
My garage builder clones runs fine with all types of ammo.

Wouldn't own them if they didn't. It's hard for me to find M882 at my local Walmart, so I am glad I don't have to rely on M882.

121 - 140 of 186 Posts