HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, so I've decided on the Zeiss Z Point for my USC...but, if possible, I'd LOVE to get my hands on one of those ones you see in the MP7 pictures with the hood over the business end. I just think it looks sweet. :) Any ideas as to what, exactly, this thing is? Also, is it available to civilians?

Second question: Will the factory H&K USC/UMP top rail work well with the Z Point, or should I raise it a little higher with a different rail?

Thanks for any input you might have...this is the first time I've ventured away from good ol' iron sights, so I want to make sure I do it right. :)

Here's a picture of the one I'm talking about:

·
Registered
70 Posts
My gut would say that an elevated rail would work best but I would imagine that it would be best to try it out on your standard rail and then if you don't like it raise it.

I have an elevated rail on my UMP with an Eotech and love it. The extra height is perfect.

My $.02

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which elevated sight rail are you using? Something made by H&K?

·
2,832 Posts
the Z Point on my USC/UMP co-witnesses, which is actaully sorta a PITA, so raising it a bit might be a good idea but you will not be able to use the iron sights, pretty sure they will be too far down in the sight or out of the sight.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Which elevated sight rail are you using? Something made by H&K?
The rail I am using is from a member here named Uglygoat

It is an elevated rail and yes it does block the iron sights of the USC.

Uglygoat was very prompt to respond to all of my emails. If you would like a pic of the rail I can take some tonight, but maybe someone else here has a pic.

***Edit***
Below is a link of the rail I used.

http://myweb.cableone.net/jsheffi31/Walker%20Tactical%20Systems.htm

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I don't currently own the H&K top rail, so I'm not trying to save money or anything by using it...so I'm completely open to suggestions. :) And I like the look of that rail on your USC/UMP, too.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Here is a picture of mine with the taller rail, I really like the combo, My Eotec is a faster site but looks really bulky on top , so I went with the Ziess. I have not been able to find out much about the hood , A member posted 1 for sale with the hood awhile back, I never heard anything about one since.Ziess doesnt show them on the website that way.I know a dealer that recieved an MP7 with the optional site and his didn't have the hood either. Maybe its a prototype deal or an aftermarket cover.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Standard rail works fine with the Z-point. I moved mine off to another gun to maintain the simplicity of the USC sighting system. I found that the USC/UMP conversion just seems to work great without any add-on optics, so the Z-point occasionally sits on my G36 conversion;

My wife shooting the USC with Z-point installed.

One of the things I like most about the Z-point is that the dot is *extremely* precise compared to other red-dot sights that I've used. In other words, the dot is perfectly round, has sharp edges, and doesn't blur with motion or dependent on the background. It is just a bright, clear dot that allows for excellent aiming. Worth the money, and I think you'll like it. Good luck finding one with a hood.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is there any parallax to speak of with the Z-Point?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts