HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorry if I missed the answer, but my search didn't turn up what I needed to know. I just received the SB Tactical brace for the Z43P from Zenith and have severe reservations about using it.

The little blue H buffer seems woefully thin. More worryingly, there is an Allen screw that holds the buffer in that would surely make contact with the bolt as the action cycles. Is this actually safe to use? This version of the brace has the aluminum housing and rubberish "stock" portion.

I can't imagine that this brace wouldn't damage the bolt as it looks as though it would impact the firing pin or bolt as it cycles. Should I just sell/return it and go the route of adding an extended FH and fixed stock?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I don't blame you for your concern. That buffer seems adequate for 9... but I would expect a different setup from SB for 5.56

·
Premium Member
1,841 Posts
Sell me your scope mount rail! Please!!

I'm sorry if I missed the answer, but my search didn't turn up what I needed to know. I just received the SB Tactical brace for the Z43P from Zenith and have severe reservations about using it.

The little blue H buffer seems woefully thin. More worryingly, there is an Allen screw that holds the buffer in that would surely make contact with the bolt as the action cycles. Is this actually safe to use? This version of the brace has the aluminum housing and rubberish "stock" portion.

I can't imagine that this brace wouldn't damage the bolt as it looks as though it would impact the firing pin or bolt as it cycles. Should I just sell/return it and go the route of adding an extended FH and fixed stock?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I contacted zenith about using the brace (the old version) and they said they have run thousands and thousands of rounds using them with no issue. I'll be sure and show them that email if it ever breaks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I contacted zenith about using the brace (the old version) and they said they have run thousands and thousands of rounds using them with no issue. I'll be sure and show them that email if it ever breaks.

I wonder if they shot those thousands of rounds through it with the brace shouldered...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts