HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have one of these and mind checking the length? I am reading conflicting info on the barrel length. Their site lists 12.08 but in other info it is listed as 12.8. Looking to do a rifle conversion and need to figure out if the 4.2 vs 4.8 flash hider will work

·
Registered
87 Posts
It is 12.08, about 2cm of which is threads and splines. The extended 4 prong flash hider on HKparts is too short, so I made my own extension. I can post a pic later but it's very simple, all I did was weld a length of tubing onto a cheap flash hider and pin it in place. It has the look of a faux suppressor. My length now is 16.25".

·
Registered
59 Posts
I can second that the HKParts 4 prong extended is too short. I ended up just SBRing mine, but now you can get even longer flash hiders that will make it the minimum 16". RTG sells two of them, one of which is a 4 prong.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info!

It is 12.08, about 2cm of which is threads and splines. The extended 4 prong flash hider on HKparts is too short, so I made my own extension. I can post a pic later but it's very simple, all I did was weld a length of tubing onto a cheap flash hider and pin it in place. It has the look of a faux suppressor. My length now is 16.25".

·
Registered
87 Posts
That is going to be EXTREMELY close to the limit. The description still mentions true 'k' length barrels, which the Z43 isn't. I'd at least call RCM before dropping 100 bucks on that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts