HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my form 1 back for my Z-5P and I need to collect some 922r parts.
Are there any compatibility issues with US manufactured parts and Zenith MP5 variants? I'm mainly concerned about the trigger, hammer, sear and trigger box.
Is there any appreciable difference in quality of US made trigger pack parts?
What are good sources for 922r parts? I know about hkparts and robertrtg, are there any other places I should check?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a US hammer, trigger and sear (and foregrip, charging handle and mag floor plates.) in my Z-5RS sbr, no issues at all. I didn't get the US box because I wanted a non SEF housing. I got mine from HKParts, but I have dealt with RTG as well, both did me right.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought a US trigger pack, US cocking handle, and DTAC M-lok handguard from HKParts.
The parts all fit without any issues. The US trigger group has a better trigger pull than the factory one IMHO.
The parts all look fine to me, but I can't really comment on long term quality since I haven't put many rounds through mine yet. (Still waiting for my Form 1 and shooting the Z-5RS as a pistol isn't all that compelling to me.)

·
Registered
332 Posts
I got my form 1 back for my Z-5P and I need to collect some 922r parts.
Are there any compatibility issues with US manufactured parts and Zenith MP5 variants? I'm mainly concerned about the trigger, hammer, sear and trigger box.
Is there any appreciable difference in quality of US made trigger pack parts?
What are good sources for 922r parts? I know about hkparts and robertrtg, are there any other places I should check?
just got my mke z-5r and will be shopping around aswell, im going with U.S. a2 stock, forearm grip and most of the parts you've mentioned, keep me in the loop if you run across other deals, ill do the same . thanks

I have a US hammer, trigger and sear (and foregrip, charging handle and mag floor plates.) in my Z-5RS sbr, no issues at all. I didn't get the US box because I wanted a non SEF housing. I got mine from HKParts, but I have dealt with RTG as well, both did me right.
i'm gonna sbr my 5rs, did you go with the ptr billet trigger, if so, do you like it ? i'm basically going the same route as you are with the exception of the u.s. box . thanks for any help .

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
So there are specific trigger boxes for a SEF and non-SEF housing? What's the difference between a SEF and non-SEF housing, other than the number of positions for the selector?

Looking at the description for the US trigger box on hkparts it says that it fits Zenith firearms. :confused:

I bought a US trigger pack, US cocking handle, and DTAC M-lok handguard from HKParts.
The parts all fit without any issues. The US trigger group has a better trigger pull than the factory one IMHO.
The parts all look fine to me, but I can't really comment on long term quality since I haven't put many rounds through mine yet. (Still waiting for my Form 1 and shooting the Z-5RS as a pistol isn't all that compelling to me.)
The description of the trigger pack, on hkparts.net, says it has a better trigger pull because of better geometry. This is one of the things that made me ask the question about compatibility. I would think that a different geometry would imply incompatibility with some parts. The trigger pack route is tempting but I was thinking I'd minimize the cost of the conversion.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I put a foregrip, A2 stock, cocking handle, trigger, hammer and sear all from HKParts.net on my Z-5RS and it runs great!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I built up a brand-new trigger housing using a modified metal G3 housing, US-made wood grip and US box/trigger/hammer/sear plus the cocking handle. That way I can use whatever furniture I'm in the mood for and not worry about which mags I'm using. If I feel like swapping out the wood grip, I have a surplus German black plastic one and then I just put on a US forend or stock. I kept the MKE trigger housing untouched because it only had a couple interchangeable parts, and I was easily able to buy extra versions of those for $100 or less. And now I have two functional trigger housings ready to go for whatever reason I want (I'm thinking about buying a stripped Omega...).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts