HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anybody with a z43 or any of the 5.56 clones has run into certain ammo do not function the gun?
The gun will run on Federal and Winchester and Privi.
It has a failure to extract and some time double feeds on PMC bronze and XM193.
Anybody else run into this problem?
Thoughts please

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
PMC 223 is a tad on the weak side but nothing that should cause issues. XM193 is plenty powerful. Try and run different magazines types if you have any. Make sure the flutes are cleaned well so the gas can get around the case to aid with extraction. Also since the gun has had failures, check your extractor spring. One failure can destroy the extractor spring

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've had great success with wolf steel, wolf gold, tulammo, federal x193, and some 62gr reloads, out of the stock MKE mags and also a promag that I bought for 922r. Probably only blasted ~300 rounds all together, though.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would be scared the steel cases would damage the extractor.
I am waiting for the pro mags to arrive and then I will try them with pmc to see what happens

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I would be scared the steel cases would damage the extractor.
I am waiting for the pro mags to arrive and then I will try them with pmc to see what happens
Honestly don't worry about it. Sure steel on steel will accelerate wear slightly but nothing that would be worry. An extractor should also be in the spare parts pin as well. The 33 ones aren't too expensive. The guns were made with steel case ammo in mind when they were made. The only thing I would say is if you shoot steel just focus a little more on cleaning the flutes in the chamber. If they get excessively gummed up with the steel case coating they can cause the rifle to choke

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got the new mags today and fired 20 rounds of pmc x193 and had two failures to extract,
Then i fired 20 rounds of pmc bronze no problems.
Then I fired 20 rounds of winchester 5.56 no problems.
I find it kind of weird that it always happens on pmc

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Honestly don't worry about it. Sure steel on steel will accelerate wear slightly but nothing that would be worry. An extractor should also be in the spare parts pin as well. The 33 ones aren't too expensive. The guns were made with steel case ammo in mind when they were made. The only thing I would say is if you shoot steel just focus a little more on cleaning the flutes in the chamber. If they get excessively gummed up with the steel case coating they can cause the rifle to choke
Silver Bear zinc coated ammo takes care of that. My SU16 will start to choke after 200 or so poly/lacquer coated rounds but has gone over 1000 rds with the zinc and no cleaning.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Silver Bear zinc coated ammo takes care of that. My SU16 will start to choke after 200 or so poly/lacquer coated rounds but has gone over 1000 rds with the zinc and no cleaning.
This is true. However I have had the Zinc plating come off the case on Silver Bear ammo in one of my AK rifles. Chips of zinc were stuck in the chamber and I even had some on my hat and glasses. I personally won't use it anymore, but thats besides the point

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
This is true. However I have had the Zinc plating come off the case on Silver Bear ammo in one of my AK rifles. Chips of zinc were stuck in the chamber and I even had some on my hat and glasses. I personally won't use it anymore, but thats besides the point
I have never experienced that and I find it a bit odd since zinc bonds to the metal and isn't a coating in the sense that poly and lacquer are.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes the mags are plastic
I really think the pmc ammo is lower power then the other ammo never have a problem with other ammo
I am going to sell it I am a ar guy and really do not shoot it much.
It is advertised in the for sale forum

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey man, I just read your sale post and I think I figured out your problem. The ATI collapsible stocks don't have the proper buffer for these guns. It could certainly cause jams and even damage the gun over time. You should really address that issue before someone else takes it off your hands.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is what stock I used
MP5F STYLE COLLAPSIBLE STOCK - ATI
SKU: HKK-1159
From RTG Parts
Brand: ATI
New ATI production MP5F style collapsible buttstock assembly. Perfect for all MP5-HK94 style weapons and HK93 using buffered carrier. Includes bolt hold open cutout so this works with .40 / 10mm as well as 9mm MP5's. Best stock available for the price! Maybe just the best stock. These seem a lot more durable than factory HK MP5F stocks which are notorious for breaking. We are thrilled with this product, get yours while they last.

Also works for the HK93, C93 and other clones using buffered bolt carriers
Are they wrong for this gun?

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There is something else I do not understand if the gun came from the factory with the white H buffer and the new stock has the same buffer how it it wrong?
I am confused is Zenith shipping the wrong buffer assembly in there guns?

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That does not answer my question.
It seems that Zenith should have put that type of system in from the factory.
They did not use that type in z43 they used a plastic buffer there got to be a reason why they did it that way.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I actually wrote to Zenith about that when I bought my gun... They explained that in pistol form, the gun is able to rock back and absorb the recoil and the H buffer is sufficient. When converted into a rifle and braced on the shoulder, the gun cannot move as much, and needs a mechanical buffer. That's also why Zenith recently imported a bunch of buffered collapsible stocks.

Out of curiosity, how many rounds did you fire in this configuration? I've been trying to figure out how bad this actually is for the gun, and whether it's a mild or serious issue.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It funny that you posted that I just got off the phone with Zenith and they explained it to me just like you said. That was the kind of answer I was looking for.
I have not seen any damage to the carrier.
I can take a picture of it when I get home if you would like.
Just got to figure out how to post it.
It sitting at about 290 rounds
I do not shoot it much at all.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts