HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi New member and I have a Zenith z43p converted into a rifle.
We installed a new usa charging handle,a keymod rail,HK Pro us trigger pack,Kelly enterprise pinned flash hidder and a ATI butt stock.
When I go to charge the gun it extremely hard to force the bolt back.
Any ideas or is this normal?
This is my first roller block.
Thank You,
73ltcamaro

·
Registered
59 Posts
They probably installed an HK93 US made charging handle since I do not know of any 21E style US made charging handles, which is the design the Z43P uses. On the 21E handle there is a prong that puts force against an internal section and provides additional leverage. The normal 93 charging handle does not have that prong, which is why it's more difficult. Instead of having additional leverage to force the rollers in, you just have to pull hard enough to do it.

21E Cocking Handle:
https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-21E-23E-Factory-German-Extended-Cocking-Handle-11p580.htm

93 US Made Cocking Handle:
https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK93-33-53-Extended-Cocking-Handle-8p196.htm

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are correct we installed part number HKN14311 the us made one.
So there not another handle that us made to fix it?
And thank you for the information

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Contact Mike Otte @ Michaels Machines. See if he has any US made charging handles correct for the HK21 mechanism

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm going to reach out to Mike too. I would love to have the cocking handle as a 922r part so I can stick an SEF lower on my gun.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
What is sef?
Type of trigger group. Basically safe/semi/auto. However its all aesthetics on a semi auto only gun. The Zeniths come with a modified SEF that only allows the pack to move the semi auto position (E). MKE/Zenith modifies their packs for semi auto differently than H&K used to and the way thats become the standard. With the regular modification of the packs, the selector can go to both the semi and auto positions while still allowing semi only fire.

There are also other types of SEF trigger frames. Your style can be referred to the "contoured" style since its molded to fit the right hand. There is another style of housing with can be friendlier to left hand shooters as its smooth on the pistol grip however still non ambidextrous. These can also be referred to sometimes as "navy SEF". However they are actually just G3 trigger housings cut down on the rear tang to fit a single pin (MP5/33/53/93) series receivers. Ambi trigger packs are differently internally and the housings cannot be simply swapped without swapping the guts too

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I also spoke with Chuck at Kelly Enterprises and he said no one make one for a Zenith and that it was proprietary to the Zenith brand

·
Registered
184 Posts
I talked to Zenith about this a few months ago. They will make their own charging handles stateside early next year and will offer them for sale soon after that. So in a few months you'll be able to swap that charging handle out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts