HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Team,
Is there a good company that can do a trigger job on the Zenith/Clones that you can send them the trigger?

Who have you used?
What were your results?
What was the cost?
Did you feel it was worth it?
Turn around time as promised?

Thanks fellas

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I did it myself when I replaced parts with 922 ones. It was easy to do. I polished the engagement surfaces with a polishing wheel and jewelers rouge.

There's no need to remove any material. Just shine and smooth it up and then lubricate it all.

I wound up with a FAR better trigger pull than the gun came with.

One thing I don't like on the Zenith is that they kept the auto sear pin in the same place and didn't move it. Therefore there's no semi-auto roller there. It's a chopped off stub of an auto sear, which rubs against the hammer, which has no notch in it to engage in. It can't be replaced with a roller without drilling a new hole in the pack.

It's unnecessary friction. I'd love to mitigate it.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Bill Springfield... Every pack I own... Magic!!
From his site...
www.triggerwork.net

"Trigger creep reduced up to 97%+, rough feel is smoothed out, pull weight reduced to about 4.75lbs from the factory 10 to 12 lbs pull. All trigger slack, take-up, and overtravel eliminated $69. Only the trigger pack is needed, for ambi safeties the complete pistol grip assembly is needed."

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Polish,lube,fire often.
I would rather put the money into rounds fired and work it out the way its intended before sending it off for any trigger expenses.
Unless one is entering some 100 yard competitions, I just do not see any need. Mine goes bang every time and hits center mass perfectly right from the factory.
Dremel/Rouge as mentioned above is fine enough for my needs.
We are each different beasts with different desires.
The most important part... enjoy it!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Honestly, first try going with the 922r hammer, trigger, and sear parts. Just replacing those parts made a huge difference in my Zeniths. I didn't polish them, just drop them in then shoot a few thousands rounds, they will polish themselves.

I am sure a pro could make it even better but so far I don't feel the need.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmmmm, Zephyr, hadn't thought of going to 922r parts. Any specific part maker you've used that seemed to give the best results for drop in 'smoothing out' of the trigger?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I just buy the U.S. made hammer, trigger, and sear from HKParts, here is a link:

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/MP5-US-Compliant-Parts-922r-c235.htm

If you buy that hammer you will also need a strut. I just use the German one:

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-Hammer-Strut-G3-91-PTR-93-33-MP5-94-5p15445.htm

HKParts also sells a whole trigger pack with those parts already installed if you want to go that way.

With using these 922r parts, I got a way better trigger and 3 parts towards 922r compliance so good all around.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Chuck at Kelley is first rate for customer service when I dealt with him. Didn't even know he had a specific trigger pack- I thought all his aftermarket stuff was aimed directly at SBRs and etc. Will contact him as well. Thanks Venm.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts