HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks !

I just picked up one of those surplus German Hensoldt scopes and plan on zeroing it at the range soon on my HK 91. I had to transfer the scope from its original claw mount because the little plastic/rubber nub wouldnt allow it to seat properly on my gun. I moved it to an ARMS claw mount. There are of course no instructions with the scope and if there were they would of course be in German so it wouldnt do me much good anyway. Has anybody out there zeroed one of these scopes on thier HK 91? If so maybe they could just give me the run down on how to make the adjustments after zeroing. It looks like there are two small screws on top of each turret but Im not sure how to use them. Thanks in advance for any assitance.

Dean

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Hi folks !

I had to transfer the scope from its original claw mount because the little plastic/rubber nub wouldnt allow it to seat properly on my gun. I moved it to an ARMS claw mount.
Dean
I had the same problem on my PTR91 all you have to do is pull out on the nub and it comes right off. You may be able to place a small regular screwdriver between the scope mount and the nub and pry. The nub is not glued on. You can save it and put it back on if you sell the mount. I personally really like the German claw mounts and I would recommend that you try the scope back in the original mount.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks folks, that link helps a lot. The little bit of info about the rubber nub is also very helpful.

Dean

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
Thanks folks, that link helps a lot. The little bit of info about the rubber nub is also very helpful.

Dean
You can also push the bumper out from the back and you won't risk scratching the mount. A small allen wrench works perfectly, a little push on each side will push it free.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Zeroing the scope is not so bad. How I did it was to loosen the two setscrews on each the elevation and windage turret. Then, using a suitable coin (a dime) zero the scope using the large slots on each of the turrets. Once zeroed, turn the elevation knob to the distance at which it is zeroed, and snug down the two little screws, and set the windage at "zero" and then snug down the little screws on the windage turret. Should be pretty close to zero, you may need to make small adjustments to get it perfect.

HTH.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've yet to zero mine, but it seems strange that mine fits my PTR with the rubber bumper in place??

·
Registered
112 Posts
I had the same problem on my PTR91 all you have to do is pull out on the nub and it comes right off. You may be able to place a small regular screwdriver between the scope mount and the nub and pry. The nub is not glued on. You can save it and put it back on if you sell the mount. I personally really like the German claw mounts and I would recommend that you try the scope back in the original mount.
mine was glued on lightly. bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts