HKPRO Forums banner

721 - 740 of 748 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I mined a lot of information on this forum a while back when putting together my 416 & UMP45 but never posted any pictures.

Put a bunch of rounds through the 416 in recent months battling feral hogs - it has run flawless. Both are Form 1'd with a Surefire SOCOM556 and a Gemtech-45.

JR

HK416.jpeg HK-416.jpeg UMP45.jpeg UMP45a.jpeg

·
Banned
34,580 Posts
I mined a lot of information on this forum a while back when putting together my 416 & UMP45 but never posted any pictures.

Put a bunch of rounds through the 416 in recent months battling feral hogs - it has run flawless. Both are Form 1'd with a Surefire SOCOM556 and a Gemtech-45.

JR
JR,

Excellent rifles and setup!!! :eek:

Tony

·
Registered
10 Posts
hello, I am new to the forum and just purchased a 416 upper and a brownells lower and plan on doing a 416 build. I have a few questions about my upper receiver and wanted to know if it would be possible to have an expert help identify it. This seemed a good place to start. My upper is comprised of an AHB4 slim profile barrel 10.4 inches with a non vented gas block. The bolt is date code AE but my upper receiver has no proof marks on date codes on the left side, but it does have a lower digit serial number on the bottom. I can provide pics if necessary. Thank you! I tried contacting HK for help and they told me they couldn't disclose any info.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
hello, I am new to the forum and just purchased a 416 upper and a brownells lower and plan on doing a 416 build. I have a few questions about my upper receiver and wanted to know if it would be possible to have an expert help identify it. This seemed a good place to start. My upper is comprised of an AHB4 slim profile barrel 10.4 inches with a non vented gas block. The bolt is date code AE but my upper receiver has no proof marks on date codes on the left side, but it does have a lower digit serial number on the bottom. I can provide pics if necessary. Thank you! I tried contacting HK for help and they told me they couldn't disclose any info.
I'd be curious to see a picture. I know you can buy one without markings, but I didn't realize some of them had a serial number on the inside lip.

·
Registered
10 Posts
416 serial.jpg 416 upper.jpg

There is a picture of the serial number on the bottom of the upper and also of the side to show that there are no date codes and proof marks. I know early upper early kits (this particular upper being less than number serial number 400) did not have proof marks and date codes on the side but had a serial number on the bottom. I know there is a forum member named Drooler that knows a lot about these guns. Any info would be great! Thank you!

·
Registered
10 Posts
IMG_5542.jpg
Not many pics out there of the bottom of the upper receiver with the serial number. On the computer screen is a hk416A3 upper that valhalla surplus had pictures of. With mine being held in my hand, the font of the digit 8 as well as the dash are in the exact same place so I don't think it's a different font. But I am just one opinion and could be wrong. Thank you for messaging about it.

·
Premium Member
2,585 Posts
Your upper was probably assembled from different parts on a replacement upper receiver. Previous owner probably had the number laser engraved on it.
AF serial#

...in keeping this a HK416 picture thread

721 - 740 of 748 Posts